Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't ask for exceptions. Be exceptional.

Thank you to my beloved followers for reminding me how overdue I am to write! Those of you who aren't yet officially "following" the blog, please do! I want to know you're out there.

It's been two weeks since I've written an entry for a couple of reasons: one is that a dear friend of mine got married two weekends ago, and another is that this past weekend, I was helping my godson's parents move into their new place.

It got me to thinking about my life and my goals, and what stops me from working them consistently. Pamela Shaw, one of my favorite MK NSD's, says: "Success is hidden in your daily routine. If you accumulate a year's worth of today, what would the end result be - and what kind of days do you need to accumulate in order to be successful?" I took this to heart and crafted out a daily checklist. The most important part is a breakdown of what MK activities I need to be doing - but I'll be honest, I haven't kept to that with consistency.

Although I know what a "normal" day should look like, most of my days don't feel normal! It seems like every time I turn around and another month rolls by, there are more out-of-the-ordinary happenings and because of them, I cut myself a lot of slack over my routine goal. Too much slack.

Pam Shaw also says "Don't ask for exceptions. Be exceptional." My bottom line is that I give myself way too many exceptions instead of disciplining myself to be exceptional.

Isn't it amazing how in the ways that we should be more merciful and gentle, we are too hard on ourselves - and in the areas where we could use a kick in the pants, we coddle ourselves? Maybe it's just me. What a mess I have been, dear Jesus! The only solution I can see is serious divine intervention. I need to take this to prayer, lay it all down and ask the Lord to untwist my silliness.

"Everything I am, everything I long to be, I lay it down at your feet." - Matt Maher

Happy Labor Day, y'all. Pray for me as I pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment